1. The organization of the World Championship Blitz draughts 2023 has been allotted by
the FMJD to the Israeli Draughts Federation.
Tournament is open for each player1 who accepts
5. Tournament Director
Mobile (WhatsApp): +972-54-4859606
6. Official titles:
World Champion Blitz
7. System of competitions:
1. Qualifications, followed by play-offs with the game rate:5’ + 3”
2. Qualifications – round-robin (preferable) or Swiss depend on
number of participants (subject of Chief referee decision)
3. Play-offs with top 16:
i. each match consist of 2 games (colour of first game by drawing)
ii. in case of draw (2:2) – 2 games 3’ + 2”
iii. if still a draw (4:4) – superblitz.
Time control 2’ + 2” (increment for first 6 games, delay from
game #7 (bonus time is not cumulative) for unlimited
number of games to the first win.
8. Application(notification) by national federations to CTD
(see p.5) with a copy to FMJD office – email@example.com
with a deadline April 15th
9. Competition fee
Competition fee is 50€. Youth players (below 20) pays 50% of fee.
Competition fee should be paid to FMJD via on-line system
(or via bank transfer (details: http://fmjd.org/fmjd.html ).
Deadline for bank transfers – April 15h.
Competition fee in cash is 70€ (instead of 50€)
10. Prize money is € 3 000 (net of any tax) will be divided as follow:
1st place 900 €
2nd place 600 €
3rd place 500 €
4th place 400 €
5th – 8th places (quarterfinalists) 150 €
11. Any protest to Jury d’Appel should be given in written form
(in English) to the main referee not later than 5 minutes after the
game. Each protest is valid only after paying a deposit of 100 euro.
The deposit will be returned only if a protest will be accepted.
12. Free Accommodation
One player from each federation will be hosted for free by the
IDF in the official hotel (5* Hotel Plaza 2 HaHermon Street,
This is 3 hotel nights: 14/15, 15/16, 16/17 HB
(with breakfast and supper).
Federation must very clearly declare in the application which
player is delegated for this place.
13. Paid accommodation
1. Accommodation for any other participants/delegates at the
same hotel costs 100$ per person per day
Any details – please contact TD (p.5).
2. Players are free to choose any other hotel!
14. Full responsibility regarding prize money, invoices and any
other financial obligations belongs to Israeli Draughts Federation.
15. All rules concerning rapid games – duties of players/referees
described in FMJD annexes are valid.
16. In the case of something not being clear in the FMJD
regulations or in this regulation, the decision will be made by the main referee in consultation with the organization and FMJD.